Mt. Fuji, rising above the clouds, is the symbol of Japan and has provided a spiritual basis for the Japanese since ancient times. There are five lakes along the northern foot of Mt. Fuji (collectively called Fuji-Goko), which offer the best and closest views of the mountain on a clear day. Located south of Mt. Fuji, Izu Peninsula extends out into the Pacific Ocean. With its mild climate, dynamic terrains, many scenic spots, and excellent natural hot spring spas, Izu Peninsula is one of the best cycling destinations in Japan. Our ride starts in the Fuji-Goko area approaching Izu Peninsula via the foot of Mt. Fuji. Our ride ends in Shimoda at the Peninsula’s southeastern tip. You stay at a casual western-style hotel on the first night and at a ryokan (Japanese-style inn) with onsen (natural hot spring bath) on the second night, enjoying excellent local foods.
- Meet/Depart: Tokyo/Tokyo
- Trip Length: 3 days 2 nights
- Level: CHALLENGING
- Price per Person: 90,000JPY (for currency converter click HERE)
- Single Supplement: 5,000JPY
- Ave. Temperature (High/Low) : May 24/9C (75/48F) Oct 23/10C (73/50F) Nov 18/2C (64/35F)
- Minimum number of guests required for a guaranteed departure: 4
- Stunning hill and coastal rides with magnificent views
- Weather permitting, many chances to see Mt. Fuji en route
- Gourmet food featuring freshest seafood
- All lodgings on a twin-share basis. A limited number of single-occupancy rooms are available for an additional charge on most tours. If you are a single traveler, please inquire for room availability and a single supplemental charge.
- Meals (2 breakfasts and 2 dinners. Lunch is not included.)
- Guide and van support
- Rental cross bike (or road bike with a supplemental fee of 3,000yen). If you would like to rent a road bike, please ask for availability in advance.
- Any ground transportations (except for private taxis)
We meet in Shinjuku in the morning and transfer by bus (takes approximately 2 hours) to the Fuji-Goko area where your ride starts. You ride along Fuji five lakes including Kawaguchi-ko, Sai-ko and Motosu-ku, and then descend to Fujinomiya via Asagiri-kogen heights, and then around southern foot of Mt. Fuji. We stay at a casual western-style hotel in Mishima. We have dinner at a local izakaya. (Dinner included)
We head south into Izu Peninsula on cycling paths along quiet rivers to Yugashima. After a lunch break, we start climbing hills towards Nishina pass at the ridge of Izu Peninsula. You can enjoy a spectacular panoramic view there. Then we descend on quiet forested roads until we reach the coast. We then ride into Matsuzaki, one of the main fishing port towns on the west coast of the Peninsula. We stay at a ryokan (Japanese-style inn) with onsen (natural hot spring). (Breakfast and Dinner included)