Quiet roads winding through farm villages and terraced rice paddies, spectacular ocean views with seasonal flowers adding colors, freshest seafood and farm produces – how far do we have to travel away from Tokyo for a bike trip to enjoy them? Surprisingly, the place is only one and a half-hour bus ride away from Tokyo station. Boso Peninsula which comprises southern half of Tokyo’s neighboring prefecture of Chiba is a relatively unknown destination that is full of gems for cyclists. On this trip, we spend two days riding along beautiful coasts and rustic farmlands in the southern Boso Peninsula. Terrain is mostly flat or gently undulating, and is suitable for guests who enjoy relaxed rides. This tour is ideal if you are looking for a short getaway from Tokyo to immerse yourself in the Japanese countryside with stunning natural and rural sceneries and excellent local food.
Note: Accommodations used for this trip have shared bathrooms only.
- Meet/Depart: Highway Oasis Furari (in Minami Boso)/Highway Oasis Furari (in Minami Boso)
- Trip Length: 3 days 2 nights
- Level: RELAXED
- Price per Person: 60,000JPY (for currency converter click HERE)
- Single Supplement: 5,000JPY
- Ave. Temperature (High/Low) : Jan 11/1C (52/34F) Apr 19/9C (66/48F) Oct 22/14C (68/57F)
- Minimum number of guests required for a guaranteed departure: 4
- Stunning rides through farm lands and along the Pacific Ocean
- Stay at a secluded villa on a quiet hill on the first night. On a clear night, relax on its wide-open terrace and watch the sky filled with stars.
- On the second night, stay at a family-run Japanese-style inn in a fishing village which serves excellent meals featuring freshest seafood.
- Savor delicious natural and organic country-style lunch at a 300-year-old farm house.
- Enjoy shojin-ryori (vegetarian Buddhist cuisine) lunch at a tranquil Buddhist temple.
- Two-nights’ lodgings on a double- or triple-occupancy basis
- Meals (2 breakfasts, 2 lunches and 2 dinners)
- Guide support (no support van)
- Rental cross bike
- Baggage transfer between first- and second-night inns
We continue riding our way along the coast line on the “Flower Line” with flower farms and parks are located along the road. Once we reach the southern tip of the peninsula near the Nojima-zaki Lighthouse, we say goodbye to the ocean for now and head inland towards north. We pedal through farmlands on gently undulating hills, and stop by a charming Buddhist temple nestled on a quiet hill for lunch. Then we head back to our villa for the first night and finish the ride there. After showering and changing clothes, you will be accompanied by our representative to the Highway Oasis Furari where you can catch a bus for Tokyo. (Breakfast and lunch included)