Hokkaido is the northernmost island of Japan. With its vast land space and relatively cool and dry weather during summer, Hokkaido is an ideal playground for cyclists. On this 8 day 7 night trip, we explore the eastern parts of Hokkaido, which is considered to be some of the most beautiful areas of the island for its remoteness and untouched wilderness. A majority of our rides is in Akan national park and Shiretoko national park which has also been registered with the UNESCO’s list of world natural heritage sites. You will be riding on undulating hills through rustic pastures and fields, around pristine caldera lakes, and magnificent coastlines. Hokkaido is also home to great food and onsens (natural hot spring baths). Accommodations are varied from casual western-style hotel, charming family-run pension, to deluxe Japanese- and Western-style hotels. Most of our inns have excellent onsens.
- Meet/Depart: Memanbetsu/Memanbetsu or Shin-Chitose Sapporo/Shin-Chitose Sapporo
- Trip Length: 8 days 7 nights
- Level: MODERATE
- Price per Person: 280,000JPY or 310,000JPY if meet/depart in Shin-Chitose Sapporo (for currency converter click HERE)
- Single Supplement: 20,000JPY
- Road Bike Rental: 5,000JPY
- Ave. Temperature (High/Low) : July 20/13C (68/55F) September 20/13C (68/55F)
- Minimum number of guests required for a guaranteed departure: 4
G : Guaranteed departure
- Ride in national parks, an UNESCO’s world natural heritage site and wildlife preserves, and enjoy some of Japan’s most beautiful nature.
- Carefully selected inns which offer comfort and local charms.
- Savor Hokkaido’s rich variety of fresh seafood caught in its cold waters and the agricultural products grown on its wide farmlands.
- Excellent onsens (natural hot spring baths). There is an opportunity to try an outdoor bath for adventurous travelers.
- All lodgings on a twin-share basis. A limited number of single-occupancy rooms are available for an additional charge on most tours. If you are a single traveler, please inquire for room availability.
- Meals (7 breakfasts, and 7 dinners. Lunch is not included.)
- Guide and van support
- Rental cross bike (or road bike with a supplemental fee of 5,000yen). If you would like to rent a road bike, please ask for availability in advance.
- Any ground transportation (except for private taxis)
- Fees for activities and admissions to attractions specified in the itinerary
- Oka Tours custom cycling jersey and a water bottle
* Weather permitting you can enjoy an optional sightseeing cruise along the Shiretoko Peninsula in the morning – best way to view the peninsula’s dramatic coastline with wildlives, tall cliffs and waterfalls. Advance booking is required. Please inquire your tour guide for price and detailed information.