Sado Island, located in the Sea of Japan, is a perfect destination to discover the unspoiled beauty of Japan. After spending the first two days riding in rustic farm lands in Niigata, we go on a voyage to the Island. We ride on quiet roads amid beautiful rice paddies, along coasts and through fishing villages. Despite its remote location, Sado Island is a treasure house of culture as it was an island of exile for intellectuals in the medieval times. We plan to include some extra-curricular activities such as Japanese drum lesson, pottery making lesson, and a ride on a taraibune (tub boat). Savor excellent foods prepared with freshest seafood, excellent rice and farm produces.
- Meet/Depart: Tokyo/Tokyo
- Trip Length: 7 days 6nights
- Level: MODERATE
- Price per Person: 300,000JPY (2019 tours) / 310,000JPY (2020 tours) (for currency converter click HERE)
- Single Supplement: 20,000JPY
- Road Bike Rental: 5,000JPY
- Ave. Temperature (High/Low) : June 23/16C (73/60F) October 20/13C (68/55F)
- Minimum number of guests required for guaranteed departure: 4
2020 June 12-18 / October 4-10
G : Guaranteed departure
- Ride on spectacular coastal roads on this remote island
- Stay at charming ryokans (Japanese-style inns)
- Gourmet food featuring freshest seafood
- Visit a traditional local festival in Hamochi – a truly unique experience (June departure only)
- A variety of cultural activities including Japanese drumming and pottery making
- All lodgings on a twin-share basis. A limited number of single-occupancy rooms are available for an additional charge on most tours. If you are a single traveler, please inquire for room availability and a single supplemental charge.
- Meals (6 breakfasts and 6 dinners. Lunch is not included.)
- Guide and van support
- Rental cross bike (or road bike with a supplemental fee of 5,000yen). If you would like to rent a road bike, please ask for availability in advance.
- Any ground/ocean transportation (except for private taxis)
- Fee for Japanese drum lesson, pottery making lesson and a ride on taraibune (tub boat).
- Oka Tours custom cycling jersey and a water bottle.