Reservation and payment
To sign up for a tour, the client must submit the reservation form together with the necessary deposit, which is 10% of trip price. The deposit will be applied to the trip price or cancellation charges. Balances are due 21 days prior to departure. When application is made on or after the 21st day prior to departure, the trip price must be paid in full before departure by a date designated by Oka Tours. The Travel Contract shall become valid upon Oka Tours’ consent to the conclusion of the contract and receipt of the reservation deposit.
Cancellation and refund
|Days prior to departure||Cancellation Charge|
|8-20||20% of trip price|
|2-7||30% of trip price|
|1||40% of trip price|
|0||50% of trip price|
|After departure or no show||100% of trip price|
Changes to the Itinerary
Oka Tours may, after conclusion of the Travel Contract, cancel the tour or revise its contents and services for any of the following reasons: natural calamity or disaster, weather conditions, civil unrest, suspension of services rendered by transport/accommodation facilities, provision of transportation not based on the original operational plan, governmental orders, or other circumstanced beyond Oka Tour’s control. Oka Tours reserves the right to take necessary measures when safe, smooth tour operation in accordance with the itinerary is deemed impossible, or when there is valid reason to believe that the tour cannot continue.
When the minimum number of participants as stipulated in the Travel Contract has not been met, Oka Tours may cancel the Travel Contract. In such cases, Oka Tours shall notify the client of tour cancellation no later than 34 days prior to departure.
Included in trip prices
- Accommodations: Rooms with private bath and toilet (unless otherwise specified in each itinerary) on a twin-share basis at the hotels/inns specified in each itinerary. A limited number of single-occupancy rooms are available for an additional charge on most tours. If you are a single traveler, please inquire for room availability and a single supplemental charge.
- Meals: Only the meals specified in each itinerary.
- Transportation: Fares for trains, domestic flights, ferries, motor coach, and other modes of travel as listed in each itinerary.
- Sightseeing & Excursions: Admissions to temples and shrines, special events including hands-on experience programs as mentioned in each itinerary.
- Guide Services: English-speaking guide(s).
- Support van: Support vehicle that carries your baggage and sweeps the day’s route distributing refreshments, and provides a place to rest.
- Rental bicycles: Use of a 27- or 24-speed cross bicycle equipped with a cycle computer, a handlebar or rear bag, and portable hex wrench set. We emphasize safety and require helmets on all tours (we do not provide helmets because of hygienic reasons.)
- Tax: Consumption tax.
Not included in Trip Prices
Airfare to/from our trip start/finish points, insurance, helmet, alcoholic beverages, soft drinks, private taxi, telephone and any other expenses of a personal nature.