This tour offers an excellent blend of cultural and historic attractions and natural beauty. We spend the first half of the tour in the Noto Peninsula, which juts out into the Sea of Japan offering wild and picturesque scenery. En route we visit Wajima, a world famous center of traditional Japanese lacquerware production, and the castle city of Kanazawa which still maintains rows of historical houses and inherits traditional handicrafts. We spend the second half of the tour heading inland from Wakasa Bay, bicycling through quiet forests and farm villages until we reach the ancient capital of Kyoto where our tour ends. Accommodation is varied from casual inns to elegant Japanese-style inns (Ryokans). Some of the inns only have shared baths, and do not have private bath/showers in guest rooms. This itinerary is ideal for guests extending stay in Tokyo before the tour, or in Kyoto after the tour.
- Meet/Depart: Tokyo/Kyoto
- Trip Length: 9 days 8nights
- Level: MODERATE
- Price per Person: 350,000JPY (for currency converter click HERE)
- Single Supplement: 40,000JPY
- Road Bike Rental: 5,000JPY
- Ave. Temperature (High/Low) : May 25/13C (77/55F) October 23/10C (73/50F)
- Minimum number of guests required for a guaranteed departure: 4
2019 April 18-26 G / May 16-24 / October 16-24
G : Guaranteed departure
- Spectacular coastal rides in Noto Peninsula
- Ride in rustic northern Kyoto area
- Visit some of the most charming and atmospheric cities in the region, including Wajima and Kanazawa
- Visit the ancient capital of Kyoto which has so much to offer to visitors
- All lodgings on a twin-share basis. A limited number of single-occupancy rooms are available for an additional charge on most tours. If you are a single traveler, please inquire for room availability.
- Meals (8 breakfasts, and 5 dinners. Lunch is not included.)
- Guide and van support
- Rental cross bike (or road bike with a supplemental fee of 5,000yen). If you would like to rent a road bike, please ask for availability in advance.
- Any ground/ocean transportations (except for private taxis)
- Air transportation from Tokyo International Airport (Haneda) to Noto on Day 1
- Fee for lacquer ware ‘makie’ painting experience
- Admissions to temples and gardens
- Oka Tours custom cycling jersey and a water bottle