Quiet roads winding through farm villages and terraced rice paddies, spectacular ocean views with seasonal flowers adding colors, freshest seafood and farm produces – how far do we have to travel away from Tokyo for a bike trip to enjoy them? Surprisingly, the place is only one and a half-hour bus ride away from Tokyo station. Boso Peninsula which comprises southern half of Tokyo’s neighboring prefecture of Chiba is a relatively unknown destination that is full of gems for cyclists. On this trip, we spend two days riding along beautiful coasts and rustic farmlands in the southern Boso Peninsula. Terrain is mostly flat or gently undulating, and is suitable for guests who enjoy relaxed rides. This tour is ideal if you are looking for a short getaway from Tokyo to immerse yourself in the Japanese countryside with stunning natural and rural sceneries and excellent local food.
This tour is operated by Boso Adventure Tours, our partner in Minamiboso.
Note: Accommodations used for this trip have shared bathrooms only.
- Meet/Depart: Highway Oasis Furari (in Minami Boso)/Highway Oasis Furari (in Minami Boso)
- Trip Length: 3 days 2 nights
- Level: RELAXED
- Price per Person: 75,000JPY (click HERE for indicative amounts in other currencies)
- Single Supplement: 5,000JPY
- Temperature (High/Low) : Jan 11/1C (52/34F) Apr 19/9C (66/48F) Oct 22/14C (68/57F)
- Minimum number of guests required for a guaranteed departure: 4
On request. Using the Tour Request Form, please contact us with your preferred dates and number of guests.(minimum of 4 guests needed)
- Stunning rides through farm lands and along the Pacific Ocean
- Stay at a secluded villa on a quiet hill on the first night. On a clear night, relax on its wide-open terrace and watch the sky filled with stars.
- On the second night, stay at a family-run Japanese-style inn in a fishing village which serves excellent meals featuring freshest seafood.
- Savor delicious natural and organic country-style lunch at a 300-year-old farm house.
- Enjoy shojin-ryori (vegetarian Buddhist cuisine) lunch at a tranquil Buddhist temple.
- Two-nights’ lodgings on a double- or triple-occupancy basis
- Meals (2 breakfasts, 2 lunches and 2 dinners)
- English-speaking guide support (no support van)
- Rental hybrid bike
- Baggage transfer between first- and second-night inns
- Once you have read and agreed with the Terms & Conditions, click the ‘TOUR REQUEST FORM’ button below and submit an online tour request form with your preferred trip dates and the number of guests.
- We will reply to you within two business days by email with tour availability.
- You can confirm your booking within the next two business days by email to us.
- After your booking confirmation, we will arrange for payment of your deposit, which is 10% of the trip price.
- We accept payments by credit cards (Visa or MasterCard only) or wire transfer.
- After receipt of your deposit, we will send you a registration form. We ask you to fill out, sign and return to us.
- Full payment is due 21 days prior to the first day of the trip.
We meet at the Highway Oasis Furari bus stop in the afternoon. It is a one and a half-hour journey from Tokyo train station by bus costing 2300yen per person (bus fare not included in the tour price). Our representative will meet you there and take you to our inn. (Dinner included)
After breakfast, you can take part in an optional loop ride to the beautiful Oyama Senmaida which are selected as one of the “100 beautiful terraced rice paddies in Japan. By mid-morning we start from our inn on quiet roads through farm villages and valleys. We stop by a 300-year old farm house for lunch. We eventually ride towards the Pacific Ocean onto a cycle path by the water. You can pedal feeling sea breeze and enjoy the sweeping ocean views. Tonight we stay at a minshuku (traditional Japanese-style guest house) in Chikura, a quaint fishing port town in the southern Boso Peninsula. We feast on freshest seafood in the evening. (Breakfast, lunch and dinner included)
We continue riding our way along the coast line on the “Flower Line” with flower farms and parks are located along the road. Once we reach the southern tip of the peninsula near the Nojima-zaki Lighthouse, we say goodbye to the ocean for now and head inland towards north. We pedal through farmlands on gently undulating hills, and stop by a charming Buddhist temple nestled on a quiet hill for lunch. Then we head back to our villa for the first night and finish the ride there. After showering and changing clothes, you will be accompanied by our representative to the Highway Oasis Furari where you can catch a bus for Tokyo. (Breakfast and lunch included)